The TTI.5 doctoral track offers 2 possibilities:
TTI.5 funded doctorate
TTI.5’s main vocation is to fund interdisciplinary theses related to its research themes, in a collaborative framework focused on promoting internal exchanges and external dissemination, as well as access to dedicated training.
The proposed PhD topics stem from an ongoing call for projects to which PSL and Mines Paris researchers can respond.
TTI.5 accredited doctorate
Many theses in progress or to come at Mines Paris – PSL fall within the research themes of TTI.5.
Doctoral students, with the agreement of their thesis director(s), may apply for the TTI.5 accreditation. Accreditation will allow the doctoral student to integrate and participate in the TTI.5 community.
Learn more about the TTI.5 doctoral track and the two possible types of affiliation, download the doctoral track brochure.
Our ongoing theses
The scientific program of the Institute is organized into four axes:
Axis 1 – The Transition Design
Axis 2 – An Electric Planet?
Axis 3 – The Inclusive Planet
Axis 4 – The Planet as an Area of Influence
Axis 1: The transition design
> GEOTHERMAL SUBSURFACE ENERGY OPTIMIZATION: FROM SUBSOIL TO BUILDING
- Thesis Advisors: Emad JAHANGIR and Ahmed ROUABHI | GEOSCIENCES Mines Paris – PSL ; Cong Toan TRAN| CES Mines Paris – PSL
- PhD Student: Fabien BEZ (fabien.bez(@)minesparis.psl.eu)
> ECONOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF ENERGY RENOVATION POLICIES FOR HOUSING
- Thesis Advisors: Matthieu GLACHANT | CERNA Mines Paris – PSL ; Bruno DUPLESSIS | CES Mines Paris – PSL
- PhD Student: Guillaume WALD (guillaume.wald(@)minesparis.psl.eu)
> ADAPTING PROSPECTIVE MODELS TO A SOCIETAL PARADIGM SHIFT. EXPLORATION OF RELEVANT INDICATORS FOR GUIDING ECOLOGICAL TRANSITION
- Thesis Advisors: Nadia MAIZI | CMA Mines Paris – PSL ; Franck AGGERI | CGS Mines Paris – PSL
- PhD Student: Thibaut FEIX (thibaut.feix(@)minesparis.psl.eu)
> LIPROD: EVALUATION OF THE EVOLUTION OF PRIMARY LI PRODUCTION CAPACITY IN RESPONSE TO THE NEEDS OF THE TRANSITION
- Thesis Advisor: Matthieu GLACHANT | CERNA Mines Paris – PSL
> MODELS AND TOOLS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF MICRO-HEAT NETWORKS IN RURAL AREAS
- Thesis Advisors: Pascal STABAT and Antoine FABRE | CES Mines Paris – PSL ; Rémi BEULQUE | CGS Mines Paris – PSL
- Doctorant : Théodore FONTENAILLE
Axis 2: An electric planet?
> SUSTAINABILITY AND LIFE CYCLE OF THE ELECTRIC MACHINE, AT THE HEART OF THE CHALLENGES OF A LOW CARBON TRANSITION
- Thesis Advisors: Sébastien JOANNES and Pierre ARNAUD | Centre des Matériaux, Mines Paris – PSL ; Paula PEREZ-LOPEZ | O.I.E. Mines Paris – PSL
- PhD Student: SAHAOUI Mohamed (mohamed.sahaoui(@)minesparis.psl.eu)
> CARBON-AWARE HIGH PERFORMANCE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- Thesis Advisors: Claude TADONKI | CRI, Mines Paris – PSL ; Petr DOKLADAL | CMM, Mines Paris – PSL ; Youssef MESRI | CEMEF, Mines Paris – PSL
- PhD Student: Roblex NANA TCHAKOUTÉ (email@example.com)
- Thesis Commencement: 2023
AXIS 3: The inclusive planet
> ENERGY SAVING BY EMPLOYING THERMAL SUPERINSULATING BIO-AEROGELS
- Thesis Advisors: Arnaud Rigacci | PERSEE Mines Paris – PSL and Tatiana Budtova | CEMEF Mines Paris – PSL
- PhD Student: Eleni EFFRAIMOPOULOU (eleni.effraimopoulou(@)minesparis.psl.eu)
> FROM DESIGN TO IMPLEMENTATION: TESTING BUILDING RENOVATION POLICIES AGAINST (USER) PRACTICES
- Thesis Advisors: Robin GIRARD | PERSEE Mines Paris – PSL ; Daniel Florentin | CSI Mines Paris – PSL & ISIGE Mines Paris – PSL
- PhD Student: Julie PERRIN (julie.perrin(@)minesparis.psl.eu)
> PERCEPTUALLY BASED FRUGAL MODELS FOR LOW-CARBON AI
- Thesis Advisors: Petr DOKLADAL | CMM Mines Paris – PSL ; Peter NERI | ENS – PSL
- PhD Student: Delphine DOUTSAS
> BIODRAG – BIOPOLYMER-INDUCED DRAG REDUCTION: A PROMISING TECHNIQUE TO MINIMIZE WATER AND ELECTRICITY WASTES IN WATER PUMPING SYSTEMS
- Thesis Advisors: Anselmo PEREIRA and Elie HACHEM | CEMEF Mines Paris – PSL ; Bruno FIGUIUZZI | CMM Mines Paris – PSL
Focus 4: The planet as an area of influence
No thesis underway.
The TTI.5 Doctoral Student Seminar
Starting in September 2023, TTI.5 will organize a series of monthly seminars, in video, to disseminate and discuss its research work. The doctoral student seminar is designed to encourage discussion and exchange.
The first session, on Friday, October 20 at 1:30 pm, will be devoted to the presentation of the institute and the “TTI.5 doctorate” accreditation. All doctoral students of Mines Paris – PSL are invited to attend and many are expected.
|Doctoral student seminar 2023-2024 :|
|Friday, October 20th (13h30-15h30) : Information meeting open to all Mines Paris – PSL PhD students|
|Monday, December 19th (13h30-15h30)|
|Monday, February 19th (13h30-15h30)|
|Friday, April 19th (13h30-15h30)|
|Wednesday, June 19th (13h30-15h30)|